The BP Polo team was established in 1989 in Ipoh, Malaysia. It began with Dato Beh, the first generation who needed a polo team organization to compete globally.
Global polo history has endless list of families or dynasties like the Heguys, the Pieres, the Astradas and the Gracidas, and among many others.
The Beh’s are the Malaysian example, Dato Beh and his family playing polo interest grew together with his 3 sons, Chevy, Joevy, Garvy and daughter, Lovy.
The Beh’s passion for polo is in their blood and this keeps them to compete whenever possible. The BP POLO team is widely recognized in the global polo circuit.
The team or team players have competed in many countries namely: Australia, Brunei, Chile, China, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, England, France, Malaysia, Peru, Singapore, Spain, Thailand and United States, and won many championships and awards internationally.
It is BP Polo aspiration and tradition to continue playing polo as local and international ambassador.
- The Beh Family is the 1st team in Asia ever played in Palermo, Buenos Aires, Argentina with BP POLO team and also won Copa Master, 2001.
- All three sons of the Beh Family played tournaments separately in Palermo, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Chevy and Joevy represented the UK, English School and University (SUPA) for age under 21 in 2004 and the team captained by Chevy Beh.
- Garvy won UK polo age under 16 for Wellington College for two straight years.
- Both Joevy and Garvy won the Potrillitos tournament in Argentina and also awarded Most Valuable Player in 2004 and 2008 respectively.
- The Beh boys are the 1st in Asia ever awarded the National Inter-Collegiate American All Star in 2007 by Chevy and 2008 by Joevy while attending University of Virginia, America.
- Chevy Beh was the 1st Asian to represent China Team to play the 1st Asia Snow Polo in Tianjin China , Febuary, 2011.